“…the world isn’t split into good people and Death Eaters. We’ve all got both light and dark inside us. What matters is the part we choose to act on. That’s who we really are.”
This had to be the first quote among the three as it comes straight through the mind of a Potterhead.
Harry is afraid of himself, of his growing anger. He fears that someday he would turn evil, as evil as the Voldemort. Sirius speaks to make Harry understand the significance of the choices that we make in our life. In short-simple sentences he made us understand the three vital lessons of life,
- Good and evil are parallel forces; they stay together within a same person.We normally think that a person is either totally evil or totally good at heart which is not true. It was never true and can never be. Even the Stone Age must have not seen a human totally good or bad. The theory of parallelism applies to this world where equal and opposite forces stay together into the same sheath. They complete each other. Good-bad, light-dark, day-night have always been together and will always be, in the same way.
- Your birth, your history won’t define you. What defines you is what you choose to be.Your choice has the ultimate power which drives your life towards a definite path. In a demon’s palace, lived a devotee as sacred as Prahlada. Nothing can carve you into bad if you choose to be good. Nothing at all has that immense power which can challenge the power of choice.
- Life will show you both your sides, good and evil. With the passing days one overpowers the other.I wonder how and when people as barbaric as Bin Laden would have turned into monsters from normal human beings like you and me. It must have taken years of hard work to rot ones soul. Hadn’t their life given them signals of the evil side taking over? We all get that signal of life, as Harry received one which enervated him. It matters whether we listen to the voice of our conscience and save our soul from blackening forever.
- Post one of your favourite quotes (different quote on each day) on three days. The quote can be from your favorite book, author, or your own.
- Nominate three bloggers to challenge them.
- Thank the blogger, who nominated you.